Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Minahasa, my dad's birthland



Today should be my dad's 77th birthday. The day he passed last year, April 12 was the hardest moment for us, his family. A year later, I found that this late old man has left his 6 children a living spirit. The song he often sang in his suffer time before died, 'Whispering Hope', has awaken my spirit to live in hope. "Whispering hope, oh how welcome thy voice, making my heart in its sorrow rejoice." I love this song and getting more understand on it's meaning after my dad passed away.


Despite of music, my dad loved traveling so much just like me. He came from a beautiful village of Minahasa, born on June 12th (while I was born on the 21st day in the same month, making us psychologically close) located upon a mountain called Rerer, a mountain full of clove plantation. Not far from the uphill mountain,  a very beautiful beach called Bulo overlays. My dad  laid down on Lelukaran sands, the cape side of Bulo many times. This beach area is also called Tondano Pante facing in a certain direction to the Moluccas Sea.





 The panorama up and under the water of Bulo is amazing. Many species of fish or 'sera' in Tondano language can be found in this waterworks. One of the most desirable fish to be catched by local fishermen is a big delicious fish called Gomuru. Lomutu and Meaya are also desirable. You can catch meaya when in the water by using a basket or something similiar.

Come and experience its beauty by visit this place. Eating baked fresh fishes on the white sands under the blue sky of Bulo will be an unforgettable moment to be, just as my dad and I have had. Contact me for further information.



Pic 1: Lelukaran, photo by me.
Pic 2: My late dad on Lelukaran Bulo, photo by me.
Pic 3: Gumoru and Lomutu fish, photo by Green.
Pic 4: My dad with his relatives in his favourite beach, Bulo. Photo taken on June 2010 by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment